Project Description

Located at 1,000 meters above the sea level, Alessandria del Carretto, is the highest municipality of the Pollino National Park. The village was founded in 1696 by Prince Alessandro Pignone del Carretto. Originally, it was known as “Torricella”. Along with the magnificent wall paintings, present all over the tiny streets of the village, places of interest are: the church of Sant’Alessandro Martyr Pope with its beautiful bell tower and the Chapel of San Rocco.

Posizione/Location

Comune di Alessandria del Carretto (CS)


Tipo Location/Location Type

Borghi


Proprietà/Property

Pubblica


Coordinate GPS/GPS Coordinates

39.9591, 15.3803


Difficoltà raggiungimento 10%

Galleria