GIUSEPPE L. BONIFATI

Presentazione Born 1985. He is an actor, playwright, poet and theatre director. He is based in Denmark. He attended the acting courses at the Civic School of Dramatic Art “Paolo Grassi”. He furthered his studies at the National Academy of Dramatic Arts “Silvio D’Amico” and at the International Theatre Workshops of Venice Biennale.

Ruderi della Chiesa di San Martino

The ruins of the Church of Saint Martino are the most important archaeological presence on the promontory of Stalettì. It was a small mononavata church, ending with a trichora, built on some pre-existing structures and incorporate a triconca that could be part of a thermal building or a mausoleum. Founded on the

Baia di Caminia

The Caminia Bay is located in the municipality of Stalettì. It consists of a fantastic natural inlet of about 1 km between two rocky cliffs that lead from one side to the cliffs of Copanello (also known as Palombaro Tower), and from the other side to the cliff of Pietragrande known for

Simeri mare

The beach of Simeri is located on the Ionian coast near Catanzaro Lido. The hill of Roccani and the tourist settlements in Chiusa, make Simeri one of the Calabrian municipalities with the highest tourist presence. Posizione/Location Comune di Simeri Crichi (CZ) Tipo Location/Location Type Spiagge e località di mare Proprietà/Property

Silvana Mansio

The village of Silvana Mansio, located at 1,470 meters above sea level, halfway between Camigliatello and Lorica, is one of the most evocative places of the Sila. It preserves in its entirety the natural habitat of the Reserve, allowing the construction up to 90% of wooden huts perfectly fit into the landscape

Serra Pedace

Serra Pedace is a mountain village located at 726 meters above sea level, on the ridge of the Cardone stream. The town is surrounded by chestnut trees and it has a cozy atmosphere. Silvana Mansio, which is one of the most evocative places of Sila, belongs to this area. The origins of

Spiaggia di Sellia Marina

The beach of Sellia Marina rises on the northern part of the Gulf of Squillace, not far from the mouth of the Scilotraco stream. The beach is mainly made of light sand tending to grey and is bathed by a wonderful deep blue sea. The beach is particularly appreciated for the uncontaminated

Lorica

Lorica is a tourist village of the Sila Grande, in the valley surrounding the Arvo Lake. It is located at 1315 meters a.s.l. and it's considered "The Pearl of the Sila Plateau". The territory of the tourist complex falls into two different municipalities of the province of Cosenza: San Giovanni in Fiore

Lago Arvo

Lake Arvo is the second largest in the region. It has a perimeter of 24 km, with a depth of only 30 meters. It was built as a hydroelectric basin between 1927 and 1931, through the damming of the Arvo river and the Bufalo and Fiego torrents. Immersed in a breathtaking landscape,

Riserva Naturale “I giganti della Sila”

Inside the "Giganti della Sila" Biogenetic Guided Nature Reserve, also called "Giants of Fallistro", there are majestic larch poles with trunks that reach two meters in diameter. They are called giants because of their height of 45 meters, enough to be often compared in size to the North American sequoias. These trees

Cropani

Cropani is a town in the province of Catanzaro located 10 km from the sea and 13 km from Sila. The two villages: Cropani Marina and Cuturella of Cropani, are part of the municipal territory. A legend tells that the relics of Mark the Evangelist to Venice, carried by a ship, were

Catanzaro Lido

Lido is the coastal district of Catanzaro. It is located a few miles South of the city and it stretches for 5 km along the Ionian coast, in the Gulf of Squillace. It is historically known as Marina di Catanzaro. Numerous bathing establishments, hotels and clubs are located along 2 km of

Riserva Naturale Regionale delle Valli Cupe

The Valli Cupe Natural Reserve is one of the most fascinating and evocative naturalistic sites of Catanzaro area and of the whole Calabria. Inside there are around a hundred spectacular waterfalls up to 100m high. They are surrounded by a luxuriant subtropical vegetation; near there you can see Canyons, ancient trees and

Camigliatello Silano

Camigliatello Silano is the most famous mountain resort of Calabria, situated in the municipality of Spezzano della Silla. It is located at 1,300 meters above sea level, it has a modern ski lift and two ski slopes. The urban center of the village is located within the Sila National Park. In the

Torre dell’Orologio

The Clock Tower is a crenellated tower, with clocks on the sides, which stands out on the ancient Castello district in Mendicino. The tower can be reached via a long flight of 132 steps carved into the rock. The tower existed in its present form as it was in 1838, although the

Palazzo Campagna

Palazzo Campagna is the most important noble palace of Mendicino, It is located behind the town hall. The palace was built by the nobleman Carlo Del Gaudio between 1780 and 1784. This information is clearly reported by an inscription placed under the noble coat of arms at the entrance to the building.

Monte Cocuzzo

Mount Cocuzzo is a mountain of 1541 meters of the southern Apennines, located between the territories of Longobardi and Mendicino, in the province of Cosenza. It is the highest peak of the Coastal Chain. The name Cocuzzo comes from the ancient Greek and it means "bad stone" or "bad cavity". This fact

Mendicino

Mendicino is a town of Cosenza province, located at the foot of Cucuzzo Mount, not far from the sea and few kilometers from the main city of Cosenza. The small village has a special charm for its buildings: characteristic and picturesque agglomerations dating back to the Middle Ages, the nineteenth- century reconstructions

Museo della Seta

The Silk Museum of Mendicino is located inside the ancient Eugenio Gaudio spinning mill, an historic building, built on a local sandstone ridge. This material is a kind of Red Limestone typical from Mendicino. It was used for centuries for the construction of many prestigious buildings in the town of Cosenza and

Villa Rendano

Villa Rendano was built by Maestro Alfonso Rendano in the second half of the XIX century. It is located on Monte Triglio, surrounded by a beautiful park. The building recalls the Tuscan renaissance post-unification style, developed on three floors, with a rectilinear façade, moved only by the protrusion of the central sector.

Stazione di Vaglio Lise

The Vaglio Lise railway system started the operations on May 31, 1987, replacing the old station in the city center. This fact happened in concomitance with the opening of the new Paola railway. The station building clearly differs from the usual shapes and consists of massive reinforced concrete shelters supported by arched

Ponte di Calatrava

The bridge called San Francesco di Paola, is more commonly known as Ponte di Calatrava by the name of the Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava who designed it. It was inaugurated on January 26, 2018. The bridge connects the old city with the most recent area, and boasts 104 meters of height. This

Palazzo del Governo

The Government Building of Cosenza, was built in classical style between 1844 and 1847. Today it is the head office of the Province of Cosenza. It was built on the foundations of a monastery, dedicated to Santa Maria di Costantinopoli. Inside there are several frescoes that depict important historical figures. Four of

Biblioteca civica di Cosenza

The Municipal Library of Cosenza is one of the richest libraries in southern Italy. In fact, inside it, it preserves numerous manuscripts, choral books and incunabula. The headquarters is an elegant neoclassical building, built by the Municipality in the 1930s. Posizione/Location Comune di Cosenza (CS) Tipo Location/Location Type Costruzione Proprietà/Property

Albergo delle Fate

The “Fairies Hotel” (Albergo delle Fate) was built during the '30s in the center of Villaggio Mancuso. It was an hotel built in the middle of nature, surrounded by tall pines and a rich vegetation. It has been completely made of wood and covered inside by precious tapestries by craftsmen. Since 2007

Campo di internamento di Ferramonti di Tarsia

The internment camp of Ferramonti, in the municipality of Tarsia, was the main (in terms of numerical consistency) among the numerous places of internment for Jews, stateless, foreign enemies and Slavs opened by the fascist regime between June and September 1940. The camp was freed by the English in September 1943, but

Lago di Tarsia e diga

The Tarsia Lake is an artificial lake located 56 meters above sea level. It was built in 1959, with the aim of creating a water basin for periods of maximum drought in the areas of the Sibari Plain. To build the lake was created a dam through the damming of the river

BoCs Museum

The BoCS Museum was founded in 2017 in the area of ​​the monumental complex of San Domenico. It has recently been restored becoming a place of conjunction between the new and the ancient city. Today it is a unique, permanent and dynamic space, where the contemporary works of art created by Italian

Cosenza (Centro storico)

Cosenza is the main city of the northern Calabria. The city has about 70 thousand inhabitants and is divided between the Old Town, the site were the primitive settlement rises, and the modern city, developed along the left bank of the Crati river, where the Calatrava Bridge is. The historical center is

Villaggio Mancuso

Villaggio Mancuso is a mountain tourist resort town of the “Small Sila". It was built in the early decades of the twentieth century as a mountain resort for the citizens from Catanzaro. It is located in one of the most prized and thick areas of Sila plateau. It has developed between the

Tarsia

Tarsia is a town of about 2 thousand inhabitants at 200 mt s.l.m. in the lower valley of the river Crati, between the Serre di Spezzano and the outskirts of the Sila. The geographical position in which it is located made Tarsia a strategic point during the Middle Ages. The sites of

Cattedrale di Maria Santissima Achiropita

The cathedral of Maria Santissima Achiropita placed in Rossano was built in the eleventh century, with subsequent interventions in the eighteenth and nineteenth. The bell tower and the baptismal font are dated back to the fourteenth century while the other decorations date from the seventeenth to the eighteenth century. The church is

Lungomare di Rossano

Overlooking the Ionian Sea, Rossano seafront is placed in a locality called Sant’Angelo. More than three kilometers equipped with beach clubs and nightclubs that, during the Summer, make Rossano, one of the favorite destinations for young people on the Ionian side. Posizione/Location Comune di Corigliano-Rossano (CS) Tipo Location/Location Type Spiagge

Rossano

Located on a hill about 300 meters above sea level, the historic center of Rossano shows monuments of great importance. Founded by the enotri around the eleventh century BC, Rossano between 540 and 1059, under the rule of the Byzantines, experienced a phase of great social, artistic and cultural splendor. The most interesting sites

Lungomare di Paola

The seafront of Paola extends for 3.5 km in length, all passable both on foot (there is a bike path and pedestrian path) and with transportation. It overlooks the Tyrrhenian Coast of Calabria, in the area known as the Riviera dei Cedri. It is a among the most frequented summer destination by

Santuario e Convento di San Francesco da Paola

The Sanctuary of San Francesco da Paola is located on the hilly part of the city of Paola, the birthplace of San Francesco. It is placed in a valley rich in vegetation crossed by a river. In front of the sanctuary there is a large square, at the limit of which stands

Paola

Paola is the most important center of the Riviera dei Cedri, a stretch of coast consisting by wide beaches and clear sea. The area extends up to the mountain territory near the coastal area. Paola is mainly known for the ancient Sanctuary of San Francesco di Paola (XIV century), the center of

Orsomarso

Orsomarso, is a small village of medieval origin located at 120 meters above sea level on the western spurs of the Calabrian Apennines. The town settle in the valley of the river Argentino, just beyond the confluence of this river with the most famous Lao, in the National Park of Pollino. Orsomarso

Civita

Civita is a town in the province of Cosenza located 450m above sea level, within the natural reserve Gole del Raganello and in the heart of the Pollino National Park. It is among the ancient Albanian communities of Italy. His landscapes are among the most particular of Calabria, in fact the town

Castello Ducale

The Ducal Castle of Corigliano Calabro was built in 1073 as a military fortress. In 2002, after numerous transformations, it was inaugurated and opened to the public with the name of Museo Castello Ducale. Inside you can visit: the monk's prison, the nineteenth-century kitchens, the chapel of Sant'Agostino, the hall of Mirrors,

Lungomare Schiavonea

The coast of Corigliano is divided into its various hamlets (Marina di Schiavonea, Salicetti, Ricota Grande). It offers services suitable for every need. Near Marina di Schiavonea there is also the port, one of the largest in the area of ​​sibaritide. Posizione/Location Comune di Corigliano-Rossano (CS) Tipo Location/Location Type Spiagge

Corigliano- Rossano

Corigliano is a town of 40 thousand inhabitants that stands majestically on a small hill surrounded by green olive groves and citrus groves of various colors. The centre of the town preserves traces of an ancient past with its alleys, the rural dwellings and ancient places of worship. The historical importance of

Castello Aragonese

The Aragonese Castle of Castrovillari was built by Ferdinando I of Aragon. The construction, completed around 1490, consists of a rectangular body composed of 4 cylindrical towers. The largest tower, the so-called "mastio", is known as the "infamous tower" because of the terrible punishment inflicted on prisoners locked up in it. The

Castrovillari

The town is located in a natural valley called "Conca del Re", at 362 m above sea level. Castrovillari is the largest town in the Pollino National Park, surrounded by the Calabro-Lucano Apennines and with the Coscile river that runs along it. The town is clearly divided into two areas: the modern

Scogliera Nera di Cirella

The Black Cliff of Cirella is one of the most striking cliffs of the Calabrian Tyrrhenian. It extends for several hundred meters to the north and south of Punta di Cirella, from which you can see the island named in the same way. The cliff is mainly composed of limestone rocks and

Ruderi di Cirella

During the ancient times "Cirellae" was a typical medieval village among the Byzantine-Norman centers of the upper Calabrian Tyrrhenian. It is located on a promontory overlooking the sea, consisting now just by the ruins of the town and other important buildings. Among these the castle built by Prince Carafa in the eighteenth

Cassano allo Ionio

Cassano allo Ionio is a town of about 18’000 inhabitants, located in the center of the Sibari Plain, in northern Calabria. Some scholars have dated back the origins to the Neolithic age, as can be seen in the extraordinary Caves of Sant'Angelo. Among the most significant monuments of the town, the Cathedral

Alessandria del Carretto

Located at 1,000 meters above the sea level, Alessandria del Carretto, is the highest municipality of the Pollino National Park. The village was founded in 1696 by Prince Alessandro Pignone del Carretto. Originally, it was known as “Torricella”. Along with the magnificent wall paintings, present all over the tiny streets of the

San Giovanni in Fiore

San Giovanni in Fiore stands on a slope at the foot of Montenero, inside the Sila plateau. With its 17 thousand inhabitants it is the most populated municipality in Italy over 1000 meters. In the lower part of the town, near the confluence of the rivers Neto and Arvo, there is the

Fiumefreddo Bruzio

Fiumefreddo is one of the most ancient town of the Tirreno coastline, it’s surrounded by the city walls with fortify doors and watchtowers. The extension of the old town is delimited by a terrace which overlook the sea. Among the wonderful thing to see: the Valle Castle, which was built in the

Belmonte Calabro

Belmonte is one of the most interesting and well preserved historical centre in Calabria. The town shows a typical Middle Age structure, which means the houses are built one next to the other one and really small streets, nobility houses which overlook small squares, typical Middle Age arch’s, suspended gardens and steep

Amantea

Amantea is a city full of typical traditions, festivals, historical and artistic monuments. In addition to that, it’s also famous for being a tourist destination.The city is divided in two parts: the ancient town located above a rocky hill, and the new town which lay down on the coast. The small street

Unical

University of Calabria, established in 1968, consist of an area of over 200 hectares which extends along a steel bridge made of concrete structures and includes a vehicular and pedestrian walkway track. The buildings of the various departments are cube-shaped and are tied to the horizontal structure of the bridge. The downstream

Magna Graecia University

Magna Graecia University is located in Catanzaro, a few kilometers from the city center, in Germaneto, an area of over 170 hectares in the valley of   the Corace river. There are functional structures to the needs of the academic community. The headquarters of Germaneto has been active since 2004 and is still

Mediterranean University

The Mediterranean University welcomes various teaching and administrative structures: six departments and sixty laboratories, combining research and teaching. There are courses of study, which orientated towards the territory, give life to a polytechnic environment with propensity to landscape elements, urban planning and the green economy. Position Municipality of Reggio Calabria Location

Rendano Theater

The theater is located on Piazza XV March in the heart of the historical center Bruzio, it’s dedicated to the pianist Alfonso Rendano. Its roots can be traced in the Renaissance and it presents a large room with three tiers of stages lined in crimson velvet. It is acknowledged as a traditional theater

Cilea Theater

The theater of Reggio Calabria is named in memory of the Calabrian composer Francesco Cilea. The building occupies an area between the Corso Garibaldi to the west, the Catholic route of the Greeks at south, the route of the Great Tower to the east and the route Osanna at north. With a

Politeama Theater

The Politeama Theater of Catanzaro is located in the historical centre, inside the area of the old Cine-Theater “Politeama Italia”. It is among the youngest theatre in Italy, inaugurated in 2002, and designed by the architect Paolo Portoghesi. The structure of the main theatre is horseshoe-shaped, as usual in the classical tradition.

Archaeological Park “Scolacium”

Among olive trees stands a real artistic and cultural treasure, called Roccelletta “Scolacium Park”. Of the ancient pre-Roman town, remains very little; several ruins show the system of the Roman colonies with its most important monuments: the Basilica, the forum and the theater on the hilltop. Walking from the forum to the

Archaeological Area of Locri

Locri Epizefiri with its sanctuaries, the theater, the walls, the artisans’ quarter is presented as an archaeological area. Behind it, the National Archaeological Museum is developed on two levels: the raised level is the classic exhibition area in which there are the exhibits and the various display cases containing them; the second

Touristic Harbour – Tropea

The harbour is just a few meters from beaches and bays. It has 450 berths for boats with depths ranging from 3 to 5 meters, and all the berths have columns for the supply of water and electricity, delivered using an electronic key to control the consumption. The entire port area is

Sibari’s Lakes

Sybaris is a famous touristic destination for the Nautical Center “Laghi di Sibari” which hosts the National Museum of Sybaris. Its lagoon is an example of land requalification in harmony with nature. The Sybaris Lakes are home to over two thousand boats and are among the largest touristic centres of the Mediterranean

Gioia Tauro Harbour

The port is located along the coast of the gulf, in the heart of the Mediterranean and it is a meeting point between the East – West sea routes and trans – European corridor Helsinki – The Vallette. Gioia Tauro is the largest terminal for trans-shipment in Italy and one of the

Vibo Valentia

The Vibo Valentia harbour is among the safest port on the coast and it  is located in the natural bay of Santa Venera and is used for commercial and military activities, fishing and tourism. The port is among the safest on the coast. For recreation, there are private docks for a total

Open-air Museum Cosenza + Corso Mazzini

The MAB (Open Bilotti Museum) is located on the main road of Cosenza. It is a project which shows works of great masters such as the enigmatic and symbolic composition “St. George and the Dragon” by S. Dali, several works by Giorgio De Chirico, the “Sila Wolf” by Calabrian artist Mimmo Rotella

International open-air Museum of Sculture + Biodiversity Park

The Mediterranean Biodiversity Park is a green area, which covers 60 hectares in the heart of the city of Catanzaro. It is an ecosystem, in which there is a great variety of flora and fauna. The Park hosts the headquarters of the CRAS (Wild Animals Rescue Centre), and the MUSMI (Historical Military

Open-air Museum Soriano Calabro

The civic Museum of Marmi (MuMar) comes from the idea of bringing together the surviving works of the terrible earthquake of 1783, with the aim of ensuring a comprehensive and chronological piece of work. The beauty and artistic riches of the museum MuMar, derived from the combination of the place where the

Murales Diamante

The Diamante lanes are an open-air gallery: there are over 200 paintings along the walls of Diamante since 1981, following the original idea of the painter Nani Razzetti to reassess the historical center of the town. Diamante has hosted as many as 83 artists from around the world to paint the facades

Aspromonte

The Aspromonte is a mountain range of the Apennines, it develops in overlapping terraces. The highest peak is Montalto (1.956 m) formed by archaic rocks. The lower plane is met by the Mediterranean Bush. On the Ionian side are often seen prickly broom along with mastic trees, myrtle and the tamarisks. Going

Pollino

It is a mountain range of the Southern Apennines, on the border between Basilicata and Calabria. It has one of the highest peaks in southern Italy, covered with snow for large periods of the year. From its peaks, over 2200 meters high above sea level, the Tyrrhenian coasts of Maratea, Praia a

Sila

The Sila upland cover a total area of about 150,000 hectares with wild forests and vast expanses of rolling plateaus, with exciting landscapes stretching towards Pollino and Aspromonte. The existing  Silan lakes are all artificial and were  made in the first half of the last century. Its forest area consists mainly of beech

Serre Vibonesi / Monte Poro

The ski area of Serre falls into that part of the Apennines Calabrese interposed between the Sila and Aspromonte . The northern limit is the joining Maida – Stalettì and the south limit plane of Limina. It is a quite articulate mountain range of elevated natural landscape value enclosed in  a vast

Isola di Dino, San Nicola Arcella, Arco Magno

Dino Island is located on the northwest coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea, in front of the Praia a Mare village. San Nicola Arcella is located in the Cedars Riviera, on a cliff 110 meters high above sea level. It has a coastline with beaches of gray sand and a clear blue turquoise sea.

Roseto Capo Spulico

Located in the high Ionian Cosentino it is a tourist center with a Castle overlooking the sea. Of particular interest is the old town dating from the Middle Ages with narrow streets and alleys which offer panoramic views of the sea. The beaches are pebbly and gravelly and are prevalently free.

Le Castella

It is situated on the Ionian coast of Calabria and 10 km distant from Isola Capo Rizzuto, and overlooks the bay with the ancient Aragonese fortress set in an environment of great naturalistic value. In one of the rooms of the fortress it is possible to observe the depths of the marine

Capo Bruzzano

Located on the Ionian coast, in the province of Reggio Calabria, it is a cape with windswept cliffs and rocks forming suggestive natural sculptures. The beaches resemble color mirages in the middle of deserts of sand. Between one end and the famous water pools extends a part of the coastline whose salient

Costa Viola

It extends across for about 35 km from the Strait of Messina and the lower Tyrrhenian. The coastline is squeezed between the sea and the mountains, is dominated by jagged coasts and ravines like the cave of the hawk. The seabeds still have an  unspoilt ecosystem similar to the tropical ones.

Stretto di Messina

Called the Strait Scylla and Charybdis since ancient times, the Messina Strait connects the Tyrrhenian Sea to the Ionian Sea splitting the two cities of Messina and Reggio Calabria. It can be figuratively represented as a funnel with its lesser section towards north, and joining Cape Peloro (Sicily) – The Horse Tower

Gerace

The medieval town is located on a sandstone cliff 470 meters above sea level, in the south-end of the long plank that connects the Serre to the mountain Aspromonte. It is about 10 km from the Ionian coast. The entire municipality is divided into five urban areas: the upper town, castle, hamlet,

Bagnara

Town located between protrusions and recesses in a coastal area bordered to the west by the Tyrrhenian Sea, 50 meters above sea level and a few kilometers from the Strait of Messina. Interesting are the Ruggiero Tower, the Ducal Palace and the churches of the Carmine and the Rosary. Its coasts during

Altomonte

The town lies on a hill about 455 meters above sea level. A part of its territory stretches over the plain, the other towards the hills. The Norman Castle which has retained its original structure is now a hotel. The church of Our Lady of Consolation may be considered the best example

Santa Severina

The town lies on a spur dominating the valley of the river Neto at about 326 meters above sea level. The castle, overlooks the landscape which ranges from the mountains of the Sila to the Ionian Sea and dominates the town. The district “Greece” in the east, untouched by town-planning and from

Tropea

The town lies on a limestone rock towering 60 meters above sea level. In the old town stands the Romanesque-Norman  Cathedral, surrounded by a panoramic square below which opens a seaside area. The noble buildings, characterised by typical gate,  are date back to the 7th and 8th centuries and they perched on a

Badolato

The town situated on a hill at 240 meters above the Ionian Sea and behind the pre-Calabrian Serre, reminds one of a medieval village characterised by a Byzantine structure with numerous churches and alleys. The church of the Immaculate Virgin with a granite doorway and the works of Neapolitan and local artists,

Morano

The town lies on a hill about 700 meters above sea level with panoramic wide view of the Coscile river Valley. The settlement with its wide steps, humble homes architecture and aristocratic buildings, develops downstream within a system of town walls. The Church of St. Bernardine of Siena in late Gothic style

Serra San Bruno

The town is situated at 790 meters above sea level, in the province of Vibo Valentia originates from the old town, called Terravecchia, and a newer quarter with numerous churches is a testimony of the local confraternities. The real attraction is the town’s natural beauty, but a prominent place is undoubtedly occupied

Cosenza

The town lies at 238 meters above sea level, on the Pancrazio hill, where the Norman-Swabian Castle rises. Walking through the old town we find nineteenth-century buildings and shops. The main path is here split by the Dome square, circular-shaped, with steps. In Piazza XV Marzo we find the statue of Bernardino

Maierà

The village at 360 meters above sea level, built on a rocky outcrop that overcomes the river crap. In the historical center meet modern art and the past; to visit the Palazzo Ducale, the Mother Church and the monastery Italian-Greek. The country is separated from the nearby country of Grisolia and neighbour

Santuario di Santa Maria delle Armi – Cerchiara di Calabria

The architectural complex of medieval origin among the most valuable of Calabria located 650 meters above sea level in the Pollino National Park. Excavated from the rock, it is the imposing monastery of Madonna delle Armi, testimony to the importance that the Eastern monasticism was the Calabrian culture. Its interior contains some

Scilla – Chianalea

Characteristic village for its long history and its location right off the sea. On the “Scaro Alaggio”, landing of the fishing boats, Scategna Palace rises. Continuing along the narrow streets of Chianalea you can see ancient fountains and churches. On the top the austere Castle of the Ruffo, built for military purposes

Laino Castello

The village is located at 545 meters above sea level, on a hill on the Calabrian side of the Valley of the Mercure (Pollino National Park). Its main feature is the presence of several rural districts that cover almost the entire country, where traditional agriculture is still practiced and where the habits

Ferruzzano

This village is located 476 meters above sea level in the province of Reggio Calabria on the Jasmine Coastline. It  overlooks the Ionian Sea and is backed by the east belt mountains of the Aspromonte. The historic center because of its geographical position offers a spectacular  panoramic view: the Belvedere Square (St.

Cleto

The Village is located at an altitude of about 200 meters above sea level, at the foot of Mount St. Angelo, overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea to the Aeolian Islands. The old town is accessed through four gates: Porta Pirillo to the south, Forge Gate to the west, to the east Gate Cafarone

Pentedattilo

This village is perched on the cliff of Calvary Mount, in the province of Reggio Calabria, 250 meters above sea level. It is a maze of narrow streets and paths full of interesting views, stone houses with arches, now reduced to a sort of ghost town after having its inhabitants moved into